Chase's Journey

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Go Speed Racer, Go!



Ah, Chase... this is the method of transportation I was referring to... refusing to be on his tummy, and launching himself backwards throughout the room. LOL. His cousin just kept trying to grab him as he went by- crazy kids!


After having a couple weeks off from watching Nathan, it was a bit of a rude awakening watching him again today... I got spoiled with Chase's quasi-routine between him and I. Right around 1:00 I was able to put Chase down in his crib for a nap- where he put himself to sleep... in the meantime, Nathan managed to scream for a good 45 minutes, until Chase gave up on sleeping. Sigh... had to coerce Nathan to eat, then they were both up and playing for a while. By 3:00, Chase was hungry again and fell back to sleep. Meanwhile, Nathan was wide awake and demanding undivided attention...



On a side note- comparing their legs- hilarious. I guess it's not as obvious in photos as it is in person, but... 

This went on the entire day... Nathan never took a nap, and any time I had to "ignore" him in order to feed Chase, cook dinner, give Chase a bath, etc- he was screaming. When I did pick him up he automatically stopped crying- until I tried to rock him to sleep, or when I tried feeding him... I honestly realized today I don't think I'm cut out for watching him this long anymore. I had to put myself in time out in my room for a bit to let him scream it out- because I just needed a break. When you make sure they are clean, fed, held (at that time), and they still are going berserk, well... sometimes you just have to walk away. I realize juggling Chase, Kaely, and the dogs while watching Nathan on a day like today is just too much- I lost count of how many times I snapped at Kaely because my ears were ringing from all the crying. Sigh...

(Chase was sitting like this in the swing while Nathan was screaming in the high chair- LOL)

So, I wrap up the night with Chase in his bed, and Nathan in the swing. Cop out- I know- but desperate times... I am trying to make it up to Kaely by letting her watch the show "So You Think You Can Dance"- which I think is one of the few inspirational shows out there for her- but I've had to remind her a dozen times to be quiet in the past 45 minutes, so I'm praying for patience- and bedtime! :)

At least Kae and I threw together a cake- nothing like sugar to smooth over raw nerves


1 comment: