Chase's Journey

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Inspiration and Smiles

Kaely has caught the scrapbooking bug, and since I've given up on scrapbooking- replaced by the much more convenient online photobook publishing- so I dug through all sorts of stickers, accents, and a book of quotes- which made me smile since I've had these for years. The one booklet of velum quotes I have contains all the leftovers, since I had used all the little girl quotes already, being left with all the boy ones :) Guess it was meant to be, eh? So a few favorites quotes:

"100 years from now,
It will not matter
What my bank account was,
How big my house was,
Or what kind of car I drove,
But the world may
Be a little better,
Because I was important 
In the life of a child.
-Forest Witcraft


"A truly rich man is one whose children
Run into his arms when his hands are empty."


"What is a home without children? - QUIET" 
-Henry Youngman

"Few misfortunes can befall
A boy which bring worse
Consequences than to have
A really affectionate mother."
-W. Somerset Maugham

"Boys are beyond the range 
Of anybody's sure understanding,
at least when they are between the ages
of 18 months and 90 years." 
-James Thurber

"Anyone who
thinks the art of 
conversation is dead
ought to tell a child
to go to bed."
-Robert Callagher

"Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up 
is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing."
-Phyllis Diller

"Children seldom misquote.
In fact, they usually repeat
word for word what you
shouldn't have said."


"Boyhood is a most complex
and incomprehensible thing.
Even when one has been through it,
one does not understand what it was.
A man can never quite understand a boy,
even when he has been a boy."
-Gilbert K. Chesterton


"Of all the animals, the boy is the most unmanageable."
-Plato


"Children make you want to start life over."
-Muhammad Ali

1 comment:

  1. Lol! Thanks for those. So true and my boy is only 6 months. He's in his crib talking up a storm now!

    ReplyDelete