Chase's Journey

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Annoyances- Blaming it on Post-Partum Hormones

First- I'll preface by saying Chase & Kaely are most amazing- even when I'm ready to scream- they are adorable and make my world spin :)

That being said, I have found my patience & annoyance levels at an all-time high... for instance:

1. IRS website states my tax return will now take an additional 2 weeks to be received due to "processing delays"- really??? Lovely.
2. Reality tv shows- okay, guilty as charged I've been watching The Bachelor- even though I think it's cheesy and all- but after the idiot chose that psycho model chick- I was disgusted even more. Truly- I just think men need to find their other head to think with sometimes... UGH
3. People who I cannot please or make happy no matter what I do- I just don't have the energy to spend trying to guess what will make others happy- I have enough of that with Chase... Right now I am in a very selfish place wanting to feel like myself again and soaking up every second with baby boy- which means it's hard to share him, and when I do, it's not easy to sit & relax, and I know I act like a crazy person and not always the friendliest- but it's just part of me trying to adjust to life right now...
4. Annoyed that my husband is 250 miles away for work- and that facing the choices of moving make me want to have a melt-down.
5. Nothing fits. I happily sold all my maternity clothes on ebay this week, but going through my closet (ok, suitcases) was depressing- I want to throw everything away.
6. The dogs need a bath and groomed so bad- so every time they lick their paws (or other regions) or follow me around it drives me batty. I love them dearly, but being around them 24/7 is grating on my nerves.
7. Physician bills- I got a bill the other day from my doctor for co-pays from 5 months ago- apparently they decided it was needed? Would've been nice had I known sooner- so when I get a call to pay it right away after getting the bill the day before- well... they can wait. Especially now that the IRS is taking forever too- grrr
8.Had to add after walking to get Kaely from school that I am extremely annoyed at both the substitute teacher and Kaely for apparently losing their minds... she actually walked out of the classroom without pants on- only tights and a shirt- uhhhh- WTH??? She was wearing a dress with tights this morning, and apparently had a shirt packed in her bag- which she proceeded to change into before leaving class. In the picture the only difference is I made her tie her dress around her waist. I'm gonna lose my mind!!!

9.Annoyed that I am annoyed with things... I hate feeling cranky and frustrated- it's not "me" I guess- and just needed to vent...

This wasn't so much a "Chase" post- but a fair warning to other new mommys- that I guess you aren't alone, and a combination of trying to regain your physical self, and deal with lingering hormones, and have your entire world change- well... I guess we all get a little cranky sometimes...

So- to cheer myself up- this was just a moment of cuteness from Chase:

1 comment:

  1. horomones are fabulous! (hope that isnt annoying to hear... ;) You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete