Chase's Journey

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Hungry Hungry Hippo...


Okay- while it did remind me of my childhood game... was referring more to our little hippo- and how I swear I don't think I've seen him refuse food in the past month. It amazes me that no matter how long it's been since he's eaten, as long as he's awake, he's hungry. I don't know how many times I've thought/said- no, he must just be tired or maybe his tummy hurts- but without fail- offer him "food" and he is happy as pie :) 

Between that, and my frustrations with his "solution" to dealing with a heavy letdown (you mommy's know what I mean)- so instead of having a good latch from beginning to end, he starts- allows letdown to happen, then backs off and looks like he's drinking from a water fountain instead- then he'll nurse normally after a minute of doing that. This all soaks me in the process- I'm running out of outfits! Fortunately, karma helps me out by spraying him in the face if he pulls back to goof around... sorry- is that mean? I guess since my role for the moment is pretty much just to feed him, I find it therapeutic to look at the humor where I can find it :) 

It's okay, I'm loving every part of it (almost every part), and am amazed daily by how much he's growing and maturing... I am a horrible aunt, because I couldn't even put Chase down long enough to hold little Nathan... maybe next time if my sister is feeling better- we can swap babies for a minute :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment