Chase's Journey

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Milk- It Does A Body Good!

Getting ready for Chase's ... ummm... 1 month? 6 week? 2 week? ... I don't know- Doctor's appointment this morning, I went to put him in one of his onesie/sleepers, and there was no way it was going to fit. I hadn't noticed it as much when I use the 2-piece outfits, but this time... haha.

So the verdict is in, over the course of 2 weeks since we came home (seriously?? Only 2 weeks???) He has gained a full pound, 2 inches, and 1 cm head circumference- not too shabby!!! Of course that means he's about the size Dave & I were when we were born- 19 1/2" length, 6 lbs even (we were both 6lb 10oz), and not sure our head circumference, but Chase is up to 34cm... So our job is to keep eating! Before we know it, he'll catch up in no time at all. They say they should gain around 1 oz a day- he's 39 days- which 2 lbs is 32 oz- account for his weight loss initially- and you have him holding onto that average. Figuring he's 39 weeks gestation- would have potentially been born sometime around now, and possibly been around this size- soooooo- not too bad :)

Of course, to others he's still just a "peanut"- but hey- to us he's huge! As we were out at the doctors today, I was asked how old he is, so I reply "Almost 6 weeks"- to which I was asked, "You mean 6 days??" Uh- no... oh well- lol- guess I should get used to it for a while... looking forward to a nap before we get Kaely, the rainy day is helping lull us both to sleep :)

No comments:

Post a Comment