Chase's Journey

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Let It Go...

Seriously! I feel almost like doing a movie montage when going through my closet- and all the decades of clothes I have. I can remember almost every reason I bought each dress, or pair of shoes, or half the other events attached to the rags... but that's just it- I need to let it all go! Look to the future and lighten the load. So, in my typical fashion, I dumped everything in the middle of the room as a way to force myself to deal with the disaster- since our bedroom furniture is in Miami, I've had most of my non-maternity clothes in suitcases for the past 5 months, and just worked out of our closet. So this is part of what I had to deal with:

After finally buckling down and focusing this afternoon, I was able to separate at least half of my clothes & shoes into a pile of things to give away to Goodwill/Salvation Army. I know I could probably ebay some of it, but at the end of the day, I just need to let it go!!! So more than 20 pairs of shoes, dozens of business clothes,  and tons of out of style outfits... it has now taken up almost the entire interior of the truck- but - it feels awesome!


and better yet, I was able to actually make use of the shelves and organizers in my half of our closet to finish the organization project. Far from perfect- and I'm in desperate need of some new things eventually- but wow! How nice it is to slowly work on my self-improvement project.


On that note- I did also tackle Chase's room, organized his clothes, diapers, etc- but that didn't take nearly as long :) He was not so happy about my diverted attention- it was a lesson in putting him down today to accomplish things- not very easy to do, and resulted in me having to carry him halfway to Kaely's school and back when I walked the mile each way to pick her up. It's been an exhausting day!

Tomorrow we have Chase's 2 month checkup and a slew of immunizations. I anticipate a long day with him, since I'm sure he won't feel so great after them, but I'll update on his growth! I'm thinking heavy!!! :) Can't wait to see his results!

Watching him snooze after this exhausting day makes me want to curl up in a ball and join him! Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment