Chase's Journey

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Baby Swap!

Saturday, Feburary 25th

Chase Alexander - 8 weeks, 1 day    Nathaniel Regan - 4 days :)
 Our crazy Saturday has been one of the busiest days in months! But, when you look at those two boys, you can't help but smile :) Hopefully the cousins will have a chance to grow up together and be best of friends- it'll be crazy to see the differences over the days/weeks/years... Admittedly, Chase doesn't necessarily act like a "typical" 2 month old, and Nathan definitely doesn't look/act like a "typical" newborn...

My poor sister is going through the same post-c-section recovery, but unlike me dealing with the drama of the NICU, she has to feed her baby 24/7 from the start- so exhaustion is an understatement! Hopefully we can team up and help each other wherever we can. While this is my second go-around, each and every baby is different, so I can only give so much advice- these boys definitely have a mind of their own!

and yes, the photo below we swapped boys :)
My mom also had a chance to meet Nathan for the first time, and see Chase for the second time- her first two grandsons :)  The men/daddies also had a chance to swap for a minute to see the difference in the two boys- craziness! After she had 5 kids (OUCH)... me being the oldest, my sister Raeshel (above) the next, then two more girls, and the last, a boy... I cannot imagine! Us girls were so mean to our little brother, I feel a little bad- hopefully we'll make up for it with our sons! 
  

Hoping for many more years of fun to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment