Chase's Journey

Monday, February 20, 2012

Don't Eat The Fish!

Ahhhhhh! Perhaps its unfair to blame the fish, but dear Lord! After a nice meal of mahi mahi enjoyed overlooking the water, turned out to be a rough night in paradise with Mr. Alexander that left me wondering what in earth??? Diaper cleaned? Check. Being held? Check. Being fed? Check. Ahhhhh! What is left? He was fussing and squirming and scratching the heck out of me trying to climb up me... hours later of zombie-like attempts to console him covered in spit up, I finally gave up. Monday morning alarms going off (don't the phones know it's a holiday???), I left Dave to try to calm him, change his hundredth diaper, and me to go find the solace of coffee and cookies for a minute. Now that its daylight and he has eaten (again!) He is passed out peacefully while we look like we got hit by a bus... ahhhh the joys of parenthood!

So maybe it was the fish upsetting his stomach and creating a monster, or maybe it was just my time to pay for having a baby that is usually fairly angelic ;) Either way we're tiptoe-ing around holding our breaths, wondering how to spend the day. Funny how we forget these days years later ... oh well, sleep deprived or not, life is good- just don't eat the fish!

No comments:

Post a Comment