Chase's Journey

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Atrocious Apricots!

Dried apricots- a handy snack that's quick and easy, with a bit of tart to go with the sweet- I thought it was a decent thing to have around. However, first, I realized that my allergy to sulfa/sulfur started kicking in since they use sulfites to preserve the dried fruit- and between the headaches and stomach aches, I figured I should consider tossing them. But the clincher was opening up a generous diaper with yellow poop that smells like apricots- Gross! This has gone on for about 24 hours now- and if a person can really eat apricots (or anything else) that ultimately smells like poop- then I guess more power to you. BLECH. I just can't wait until he starts eating solids... will definitely have to make sure that the trash is taken out frequently for that. For now though, I'm waiting for the association to leave my nostrils :)

On another note- ummmm- I've wanted to serve jury duty for about 13 years now- never have gotten called until now. The notice came when I was at the hospital and had no clue about it. By the time we got home, settled, and I sorted through the stack of mail- the required 10 day notice for request for excuse had passed. Then I try to send anyway and realize I have no stamp- so another day goes by. Luckily I found there is a place you can go online to fill out the request form, but since it has been less than 10 days... oh boy. So I call in to the line last night to see if my "number" is even called- and yep- go figure it is. There is no way of leaving Chase with anyone (no offense to anyone- just not possible yet with him being so young and all), plus I don't have a pump or place to store milk if I were to be there for a potential 8+ hours, then there's Kaely, we no longer use the before/after school service and so there's nothing for her either, and there's no way of taking him with me. So I'm just praying I don't get charged with contempt of court if they decided the notice wasn't given in enough time. AHHHHH!

Okay, a belated pic to make me smile in the meantime :)

Our New Year's Eve-Eve Baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment